Friday, February 20, 2009

Guest blogger

I didn't get full permission to write lots of updates, but she did give me the password so I figured I'd share what I know:) I'm Lauren, by the way, Aimee's sister. Here's the email I received from her early this morning (around 2am):

We made it! Our flight was super painless and very relaxing. We had monitors at each seat so we could watch tv shows and movies. The flight was pretty empty so we could also lay out in an entire row to sleep. Also, free drinks!!! There was a crazy guy behind us that literally talked for 12 hours straight. He ended up getting in a fight with the woman who was with him for talking too much! I was going to back her up if needed. We just checked into the hotel.
I feel weird when my arms and feet are showing around here. People will only address Dan - it's crazy. I just got an email that we will meet Awate's family on Tuesday. We will leave Addis at 6am and come back to Addis early Wednesday.
No idea if this is making sense...still very sleep deprived! Love you all and miss you!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow's update! I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about them finally being with Micah.

3 comments:

Zinn's said...

I can't wait either. I kept thinking about the hours until they see Micah and counting down and by now I hope they have met their baby boy. Please pass on any info I can't wait to hear.

emily said...

Thanks Lauren- I'm so excited to follow along! :)

Unknown said...

We've been praying daily for your whole new family! Good to hear the flight went well. Can't wait to see brand new pictures!!!!