Monday, September 20, 2010

Two!!



This adorable boy turns two today. He is out on a date with Grammy right now. He affectionately calls her "Minga" (I have no idea). She is returning the favor. So, it's like their pet name for each other. Micah is a big fan of direct address, so if he says your name once, he says it a million times. Cute to hear him say "Minga" a hundred times.

Crazy thing about adoption...or at least me and adoption...when we first looked at Micah's pictures in the orphanage I thought "Yeah, he's cute. I've seen cuter." But, since we've been home with him and his personality buds and grows, so does my perception of his cuteness. This boy is intense! When he is happy, all is well. When he is mad...Look out world! Luckily for us, the happy is beginning out to win out over the sad. It hasn't been that way until now.

We aren't doing much to celebrate. It seems like we should be having a big party, but the truth be told...Micah would hate that. He's not a fan of crowds, even crowds of people he loves. So, we are staying low key. Seth's idea of a birthday treat for Micah was to give him straight juice. Not watered down. Now, that's really living it up!!!

My mind can't help but wander to what two years ago today looked like for Micah's birth mom. I wish she could see how he has grown and what an incredible boy he is. Such a bittersweet thing.

Happy birthday sweet boy!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so happy you posted this link to your blog. You inspire me to keep following God and be content with what I have. I am so rich in comparison to so many. Thanks for loving God and passionately following Him!

Pathway Christian Cooperative said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Micah :)! I love the straight-up juice...what a day...and a date with Minga - extra fun! We love you all and wish we could be there to give that sweet boy a happy birthday hug and kiss!