Monday, October 25, 2010

Sophie is 5





Please pretend to ignore the fact that is almost month after her birthday. We had a great party (by my super low standards). Sophie wanted a surprise birthday party. She planned it all out. She knew every detail of the party, but wanted everyone to yell "surprise" when she walked in. Major stager that one. We had a movie party a few days after her birthday with popcorn, candy and cupcakes. Super fun!

On the actual day of her birthday, Dan asks Sophie at dinner how her day went. Her reply was "It was mostly good, but Mom said one really mean thing to me." I wasn't quick to deny anything...it wasn't out of the question, but I didn't remember any altercations - which doesn't mean anything. Dan asked what the mean words were. Sophie's reply "She said - "let's get out of the car birthday pants." Super offensive. Point taken.

3 comments:

Pathway Christian Cooperative said...

Oh my goodness...that girl just cracks me up! You can be so hurtful with your birthday pants comments :). Love, love, love her to pieces! When are you going to visit so Sophie and I can spent time making shadow puppets in the bathroom?

LLandgraff said...

Hilarious! Everyone knows that the best surprise parties are the ones that you plan yourself, subsequently making people think that the party was THEIR idea. It's the same principle as Inception. But it's really a question of how well she acted surprised. I LOVE her "birthday pants" comment, too. Hilarious.

Unknown said...

She is adorable!! What a funny girl to plan her own surprise party...I love it!!! My kind of girl for sure!!