Thursday, October 28, 2010

Overwhelmed

It's easy for me to get bogged down with all the hurt in the world. I can't stand to see a child in pain. My facebook is crowded with social justice messages. I am "friends" in real life and on facebook with many advocates. It's good for me to keep immersed in what life really looks like for people who are struggling with so much more than first world problems. My heart hurts for all that's wrong in the world. We are waiting to see what our answer to that call will be. In, the meantime...I am remembering...

Psalm 72:12-13

For he will deliver the needy who cry out,

the afflicted who have no one to help.

He will take pity on the weak and the needy

and save the needy from death.

He will rescue them from oppression and violence,

for precious is their blood in his sight.

1 comment: