Friday, June 27, 2008

Your name shall be Rat Foot

Sophie and I took an innocent trip to Wal-Mart yesterday late afternoon. Our departure was delayed, however by a HUGE storm that had everyone waiting outside the store until it blew over. I had 2 kids at home though, that were getting a little freaked out by a little black out due to the storm. I waited for a few minutes and decided to run for it. The result was that I looked like a drowned rat- is that why you would call me Rat Foot??? NO!! Just wait there is more....
We have the privilege of having a sewage grate right out in front of our house. When it rains all the leaves and debris from the street float down to the grate. This creates a huge lake in front of the house. The only solution is to pull the leaves out of the gutter. I've done this many times and I was already sopping wet, so I just went for it. I stepped onto the grass and met up with a RAT!!! A scurrying over my foot RAT! I really wish that someone would have been video taping the screaming, plugging my ears (just what I do when I'm scared) dancing fit I had. My sisters decided that my name shall be Rat Foot. We're moving!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I totally have the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it! YUCK!

emily said...

I would have totally freaked out- totally!!!