Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A new direction.....







Months ago, I came across a blog by a guy named Tom Davis. I immediately connected with his heart for orphans. He wrote a great book called Red Letters: Living a Faith that Bleeds. In the last several months I have been looking for some tangible ways to make a difference in the world of adoption and orphan care.

Laura and I attended the Summit IV by Christian Alliance for Orphans. It was an incredible weekend of education. It was so motivating to be in the same room with 500+ people who have the same passion.

I have come across another blogger, Angel, who is doing some awesome things for the orphan in the name of the LORD!!! Angel and some others are teaming with Tom and his people to start Red Letters Campaign. Check it out! I am excited to be blogging with these incredible people and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! I am a fellow RLC blogger and just wanted to say hello! My husband and i have a 16 month old from Ethiopia..we have been home with him for a year now!

You guys are in the waiting stage, right? Waiting for the referral....sounds like you have a few other things (or people) to keep you busy while you wait!

Amy
www.bottomlysandethiopia.blogspot.com

Angel said...

We are so excited you are a part of RLC! :0) HUGS! Angel

Amber said...

It's my fist time on your blog. I'm a fellow red letter campaign blogger so I wanted to say Hi!