Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quitting the FB

I've decided (again) to quit Facebook. I've been noticing that a couple things are happening for me:

1. I blog a lot less. I have my blog linked to FB, I blog and then wait to see if anyone will "like" it or what comments they might have. It becomes too narcissistic for me. I originally set up my blog as a "memory keeper" for me. I can't remember anything. So, I really want my blog to be something that I keep current and don't write for anyone else. To be fair, I keep it public because I really, really enjoy reading other people's blogs and being part of their world (or at least what they share on their blogs)

2. I read someone's post on someone else's wall and think...Wow, they are such good friends. Do I have relationships like that? and then the dangerous step...and does the world know it??

3. I read someone else's status about what they are doing for the Lord or in their ministry and I think - What am I doing? I wish I could be doing more.

So, I think I will save time and spend it thanking the Lord for where I am now and what He has called me to be doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I've quit FB a few times - for a few months each time, just so I knew I could. :o)
And you have so much more going on in your life. All your reasons make tons of sense....BUT I AM REALLY GOING TO MISS YOU!! :o(

I love all the pictures of your family. So does JP, when he comes home from work I show him if there are new "Aimee" or "Lauren" pictures.

Is there some way I can still follow your blog? We want to keep praying specifically for you all. And to see your children grow. I want to see how long it is before Micah dyes his mohawk green!!

We wanted to let you know that the pictures of Sophie in her ballet outfit were GORGEOUS!! She can absolutely captivate the camera & the audience!!

You have let us be a part of your journeys,and we are SO thankful. And we hope to be able to "stay the path" with prayer!!
Hugs

Heatherlynn said...

This is actually really smart. I wish I had the drive to do it.. but I do not at this time. I find I have been watching a certain person's fb page who shall remain nameless ;) to see what they are up to, when really I just need to let that thing go. Whenever I have QUIT FB.. i then realize I monitor my child's use less.. so on and so forth.. that's my newest excuse anyway. You inspire me!!!!!!!!!!!