Monday, February 21, 2011

and then there were 5




I have no idea why I haven't blogged about this yet, but, it's time!

I spend (and have for quite some time) looking at special needs lists and advocate blogs. We were in the process of doing paper work for a special needs China adoption. Our agency had a policy that they don't match you with a child until you have a LID (log-in-date) in China. I was fully on board with this policy - it translates to less time waiting for a specific child and more time just general waiting. The hard, hard waiting is when you are looking at a picture of an adorable child. This was the plan. Until....


I saw this face!
I first saw this adorable face on a blog where a lady was advocating for some kids in China. This sweet boy shares a birthday with me. I just felt connected to him somehow. We switched agencies to pursue this little man. This is only the very beginning of the story though...more later.

No comments: