Monday, April 5, 2010

2 steps back


Micah has been having some really hard days lately. He is SUPER clingy. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that he called "Mommy!" 900 times a day. He is super shy around anyone new and crabby as all get out. He hits anyone who looks at him the wrong way. He wants to be held, but doesn't want to be held - all at the same time. He is just one angry elf! One of the hard parts of being an adoptive mom is that you don't know how much is developmental and how much is attachment related. We've had a really crazy couple weeks with travelling and visitors, so it could all be chalked up to that. But, I don't want to write it off and wish I would have done more sooner. So, I emailed this awesome blogger, Christine, who has a lot of experience with attachment issues. She confirmed what I already knew and encouraged me to take a few steps back in my attachment process with this sweet boy. I love the bloggy world! Thanks Christine!


2 comments:

C said...

Anytime.

Crap, he's cute!

Julie Neal said...

Even though he is an angry elf- he is still stinkin cute!!! I think he is bitter because I'm not buying him gifts yet- just Sophie!! Don't worry Micah, Aunt Juju knows how to win your affection!!